Monday, April 6, 2009

A Quest for the "Real Thing"





"A community is a group of interacting organisms sharing an environment. In human communities, intent, belief, resources, preferences, needs, risks, and a number of other conditions may be present and common, affecting the identity of the participants and their degree of cohesiveness."

This is an open call for inspired individuals who have something to offer, This is your opportunity to perform and participate in my experimental family similar to the "commune". For practical reasons and the pursuit of ones previous commitments, we will remain and uphold our lifestyles and responsibilities. You will contact me and set up a friend date, with a specific activity in mind, We will meet, experience that activity together, document it with a photo, and then write a reflection. At the end of my experiment, I will collect all the photographs and reflections and publish a book. My intent is to embrace the ideas of community in a managable way, through a structured art experiment.

This experiment questions the importance of on-line communities that have been created to bring us all together, to shrink our world with an elementary network of messaging, photo-comments and friend requests. This is my "real life" friend request, my search for an available friend network. I want to experience the "real thing" I want to make real life requests, to replace photo comments with face to face compliments. Instead of reading about you, I want to hear it from your lips. I want you to teach me everything that you know, so that I can know it too. This is meant to encourage your sense of community spirit, and your belief in me as an active member, an essential personality. It's time to "RALLY" WE COULD BE BFF IN NO TIME!!!

The goal of this excersize is to challenge the ideas of the "perfect human being" and how the process of creating one can ultimately enrich everyone involved. It stems from systems of team building, pack mentalities, tribal rites and rituals, family values and dynamics and being a part of a whole. This is a challenge to find the time to make me a better person, to impart wisdom on me that will lend itself to my everyday life, so that I can recycle that information and pass it on. I want to spend time with you, I want you to plan activities for us, that reveal your inner most thoughts, dreams and desires. Human connections are slipping through the cracks one day at a time, wether it automated telemarketers or "self" check-out machines we are slowly losing the "human being". I want you to be a part of my Top 8...15...25....100, I need to experience the rush of the web friend conquest, and I need to document it!! I want to get to know you better, and I want you to know me!
So If this is at all interesting to you, and you are willing to participate in this experiment with me, please contact me!!
LET'S HANG OUT!!!
Leave me a comment, or send me an e-mail:

Whopgenius4hire@gmail.com

5 comments:

  1. very excited about this idea of communal experience. perfect person already exists though. you are it..i'm it, everyone is it. perfection is the "is-ness". however, i do like you're idea of learning..continual and communal..perfect.
    melissa m

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and i will participate melissa m

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautifully worded, and interesting

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Xavier... :) I just wanted to say that I loved how you worded this... How much truth and depth this one post holds. Just today did I discover your blog and have yet to read any of your other posts, but this alone has me intrigued. Although we are states a part, I do want to thank you for your humanity, for sharing such thoughts, and for being how you are. In the end, we will only have one another, and making spiritual connections are what hold the truest of values. :) Thank you.

    **I deleted this post, only to add one last thing.. why has it been since 2009 that you posted this? You should continue blogging...

    ReplyDelete